Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thank you, Lord, for my home...

I just have to say "Thank you" to God for my home.  I sometimes minimize the fact that we live in a mobile home, but this morning something happened that made me so thankful to have a home.

My husband's phone rang today.  It was his brother, who proceeded to tell him that their house had burned down this morning.  Literally...everything is lost.  They have no children, but had 3 dogs.  One of them didn't make it.  They are heartbroken.

This morning, we woke up to frozen water pipes.  After complaining, wondering how I was ever going to brush my teeth, do dishes, etc., I heard this news.  It was at that moment that I said "Thank you, Lord, for my home..."  There are others so much worse off than us.  We have a home, heat in our home, food to eat, etc.  We are lacking nothing.  We have all that we need.  Because He is faithful!  Even if we DID lose everything, we still would be lacking in nothing.

Thank you, Lord...for my home...

Shari
 

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this tragic news in your family, Shari!! We will definately be praying for them and for God to encourage them in their time of need and loss! Again, I'm so sorry. Hope & Pray that all works out for God's Perfect Purpose & Plan!!
    God Bless You All!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for your family, Shari... God is soooo faithful...
    Take care, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very terrifying! Fire scares me especially now that my husband is on the Fire Dept here locally. I hope they are okay! Will be praying for them!

    ReplyDelete