Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home Management Control Center

Do you remember when I created my "Home Management Guide"?


I realized that I didn't have a space to keep it...what good was it going to do my family and I if we couldn't even find it to use it???  There is a space on my counter-top that I would call one of many 'hot spots'...by the phone.  Here is what it looked like BEFORE started de-cluttering it:

Yes, this picture is for real!  I keep receipts here, address labels, mail that I don't know what to do with, 'things' I don't know what to do with.  And, if you look closely, the skirt I wear every week for 'weigh-in' at TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is sitting there under the 'stuff'!

Obviously, this was not going to be a help at all in my journey to de-cluttering and organization, and keeping my household running smoothly.  So I took about 30 minutes, sorted through every piece of paper, item, receipt, and even found a new home for my skirt!

Now...here it is:

A distant view...right on my counter by the phone.
Everything is at my fingertips...and my family's, too!

So much nicer!  My Home Management Guide is right where I can find it.  See "The Household Money Organizer"?  This is also the year I am going to do much better with how I spend money.  This nifty little book has a pocket for receipts to go with each month.  My goal is to file receipts according to their month...right away!


That's it!  What do you think?

Organizing bit-by-bit!

Shari


No comments:

Post a Comment