Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine's Day Decoration

Today, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and picked up scrapbooking paper, felt in pink/white/red, and a little hanging decoration, and glossy black paint.  Here is what I came home and created!
Sorry about the picture being off--but, these are the supplies I used to create my picture frame.  A 12 x 12 piece of scrapbook paper, cut to 8 x 11 1/2.  Glossy black paint, an unused picture frame from around the house.

After 2 coates of paint, I was ready to put it all together!

After removing the glass, I added scrapbook paper, after using a light coating of Mod-Podge to the back of the paper to keep it from slipping around.  (Just in case I need the glass later, I stored it on the back of the frame)

I found this little hanging today at Hobby Lobby.  I really Heart it!  I hot-glued it to the scrapbook paper, then added a felt flower I made to cover up the glue.
Next, I added a felt flower to the lower right corner.  I think I'm going to add 2 smaller flowers, but ran out of red felt!  Need another trip to Hobby Lobby, don't I?

This is the finished product!  I love it!  At first, it was hard to decide where to hang it, but I decided on hanging it in the kitchen.  I Heart my whole family, and this is a way I can show/tell it all day long, every day!

Here it is, hanging in my kitchen!  I hope you like this as much as I do!

I LOVE my family...and here they are:

A different type of organizing...okay...I know, it's not the normal 'organizing'.  However, for me, this was a nice break from the crazy organizing race going on here!  I love it!

Organzing bit-by-bit,

Shari


No comments:

Post a Comment